The Autobag 550 bagger is a technologically-advanced, automatic filling and sealing machine designed for reliability, flexibility, and optimizing packaging throughout. Capable of cycling at speeds up to 45 bags per minute, this system was designed to maximize machine uptime while lowering the total cost of ownership.
Next-bag-out printing is achieved with an advanced thermal transfer imprinter positioned directly over the next bag to be loaded. This ensures accuracy and efficiency in applications that require frequent product and label changeovers, prevents product queuing, and eliminates a separate labeling operation.
State-of-the-art engineering has led to an inherently safe and flexible design. No light curtains or double palm switches are required to achieve safe hand-load operation. The Autobag 550 is configurable for left- or right-hand access to the HMI, cycle switch, and ribbon and bag loading areas, improving ergonomics and operator productivity. Plus, the Autobag 550 can be networked to facilitate full pack station integration and central monitoring. A 45-degree tilt option is available for orienting long or delicate products.
A straightforward, simple design with very few moving parts reduces lifetime cost and improves reliability, while on-board diagnostics and modular components simplify maintenance.
When used with pre-opened genuine Autobag Bags-On-A-Roll or bags-in-a-box if applicable, and AutoLabel Thermal Transfer Ribbon, the Autobag 550 ushers in the next evolution of high-quality, reliable, and flexible bag packaging backed by the industry’s most comprehensive engineering and field service network.
Autobag 550 Packaging Machine Fast Facts
- Next-bag-out printing prevents product queuing and reduces waste
- Multi-position unwind with tension control simplify changeover
- Newly designed bag sealer area combined with improved temperature control and optional seal-flatteners ensure consistent, high-quality seals
- AutoTouch Control Screen accesses operator tutorials, help system, on-board diagnostics, and performance monitoring
- Processor controlled servo motors, Ethernet-capable networking, and flexible mechanical design streamline integration
- More bag size options; from 2″ W x 2.5″ L to 12″ W x 20″ L supported (36″ long unsupported)
- Compact footprint minimizes floor space
- Simple height adjustment and casters for operator comfort and portability
- A 45-degree tilt option is available for orienting long or delicate products
- Easily integrates with third-party systems for mail order fulfillment and e-commerce applications
- Modular components and dedicated service access simplify maintenance and repairs to maximize uptime
- Adjustable pass-through up to 5″ for maximum flexibility and packaging efficiency
- Optional Additions: handheld or tabletop bar code scanner, range of infeed funnels, seal flatteners, raised unwind, SimpleCount counting system, bags-in-a-box adapter
- Mail Order & Ecommerce Fulfillment
- Ecommerce Fulfillment
- Prescription-by-Mail Fulfillment
- Catalog Order Fulfillment
- Spare Parts Distribution
- Short-Run Production with frequent changeovers in any market
Weight: 390 lbs.
Electrical: Universal Input: 110V to 240V VAC, 50/60 Hz; Power Consumption: 1500 Watts (VA) max
Air Feed: 5 CFM/80 psi of clean, dry air
- Length: 64.5″
- Width: 37.6″ (Adjustable)
- Height: 37.1″ – 47.1″
Pass-Through: 5″ max
Bag Thickness: 1.09 to 4.0 mil
- Length: 5″ – 20″ (36″ length unsupported)
- Width: 2″ – 12″
Weighing Capacity: Up to 5 lbs. (with load shelf)